Eleven Eighty is a beautiful heritage listed property on the South Coast, ten minutes’ drive from the township of Berry, and 5 minutes from Shoalhaven Heads. Eleven Eighty has a fantastic historical narrative: Originally built in the 1860’s as the first school and schoolmasters residence in the area. Anything but ordinary, Eleven Eighty is romantically restored, full of historic treasures and curated artful spaces. Additionally, you will enjoy the beautiful gardens and a wander through the landscaped courtyard enjoying the fountain, landscaping and hidden treasures. Staying at Eleven Eighty is a truly magical experience.
The property can host up to fifteen guests in two on-site properties, with flexible configurations.
The 1860s heritage-listed and refurbished School Masters House sleeps up to nine: It comprises four bedrooms, three rooms with queen beds and one room with 3 single beds. Its ornate features have been lovingly restored to their full glory alongside artful oil paintings and gorgeous velvet couches.
The contemporary Cottage comfortably sleeps 4-5 adults. It comprises 2 bedrooms, 1 queen and 1 with a double bed and bunk bed. It is light and breezy with whitewashed wooden floors and a contemporary fit out.
• Beautiful historical paintings and artefacts
• Velvet lounges
• 1 open fireplace and 1 log burning fire.
• Large kitchen looking out onto the stunning courtyard and water feature: Gas stovetop, oven, dishwasher, fridge/freezer.
• 2 living areas: one snug with open fire, dining room/living room opening out onto deck and gardens. Antique formal dining table with velvet chairs.
• Original bathroom: Slate tiles and a round bath that has to be seen to believed!
• White cotton bed linen, towels and electric blankets for the winter months.
• Upstairs light filled master suite with ensuite and air conditioning.
• Circular gravel driveway
• Wrap around covered porch.
• Contemporary, beachy fit out
• Air Conditioning
• Well stocked kitchen with fridge/freezer
• Deck leading out from the kitchen and main bedrrom onto the gardens and fire pit area
• Oozing character, charm and surprises around every corner
• Ample parking
• Fire Pit area with festoon lighting
• Lots of outdoor entertainment areas with an assortment of seating areas: You may choose the deck of the main house, at the rustic table under the arbour adjacent to the Argentine Brassero/BBQ, the gardens or indeed the courtyard.
• Take a browse around the property and enjoy the hidden street art and artefacts. Where else would you find a train carriage in the garden!
• Children are most welcome
• Well behaved pets are welcome at the owners discretion and we request that you bring your own pet beds, no furry friends on furniture or beds please and we ask you to be aware that the property is not fenced from the road.
• 5 minute drive to Shoalhaven Heads, 10 minutes to Berry Township, 15 minute drive to Gerringong
• 5 minute drive to the beautiful Seven Mile Beach
• Local wineries 3-minute drive to both the left and right of the property
Firewood for indoor fireplace is provided from Easter Long weekend – October long weekend
Eleven Eighty is often hired as an event space for weddings and special occasions. When there is availability, we offer the property on a stay basis. Groups staying at the property have access to the courtyard, fire pit, BBQ area and the gardens but will not have access to the commercial spaces ie the school hall, train carriage and barn/bar area. Access to these areas turns a booking into a commercial event. If you are interested in booking this venue for an event, please contact email@example.com
STRA Permit ID: PID-STRA-53038