Tucked away at the end of a private driveway you will find Mungari, a unique handcrafted mudbrick property that sits amongst twenty (20) acres of glorious rainforest and established gardens. The interesting home was lovingly built throughout the 1990’s, each brick was made onsite and remarkably the tractor used to excavate and transport the raw materials now resides at the southern tip of the estate.
The estate is named Mungari, Dharawal for Birdsong, after the extensive array of birdlife including Fairywrens, Eastern spinebills and Lyrebirds that can be found foraging amongst the rhododendrons and fern trees. The property boasts four (4) bedrooms and two (2) bathrooms, comfortably sleeping nine (9) guests.
The home offers numerous character filled living areas that are spread over several floors providing guests with ample opportunity to relax and unwind. Catch a movie on one of the two (2) flat screen Samsung HD TV’s or select a book off the well-stocked library wall. The vaulted ceilings and large windows welcome in the light, which, when combined with the eclectic mix of furniture and décor, creates a wonderful feeling of warmth and tranquillity.
The formal lounge hosts a wood burning fireplace and has direct access to the open plan kitchen and dining area which is complete with a ten (10) seat dining table. The fully equipped kitchen is fitted out with an LG fridge / freezer, Westinghouse oven, Miele dishwasher, five (5) burner gas stove top, Panasonic microwave and Delonghi coffee machine. The kitchen also opens onto one of the three (3) outdoor tiered gardens, perfect for relaxing or cooking up a storm on the Matador four (4) burner gas BBQ with side burner.
For guests that are unable to totally disconnect from their work or business commitments, complimentary Wi-Fi and a spacious desk overlooking the forest and lawn is available on the top floor of the property. Also available for guest’s convenience are a Westinghouse washing machine and tumbler dryer, iron and ironing board and a further overflow Westinghouse fridge. For an added twist, the two (2) car garage houses a Ping-Pong table and an assortment of activities and lawn games.
For those wishing to reconnect with nature and experience the tranquillity of the estate, take a walk over the handmade bridge and into the beautiful and secluded rainforest where you may be lucky enough to encounter the local Echidnas, Wombats and Wallabies that also call Mungari home.
Mungari is perfectly located a short drive from the quaint village of Berry and the picturesque Kangaroo Valley. Some of the South Coasts finest wineries, golf courses and pristine beaches are scattered close by, just waiting for you to discover and explore.
Main bedroom: King bed with ensuite
Bedroom 2: Queen bed
Bedroom 3: Queen bed
Bedroom 4: Single bed plus double bed in loft
– Twenty (20) acres of rainforest, lawns and established gardens
– Four (4) bedrooms all with storage
– Sleeps up to nine (9) people
– Two (2) bathrooms plus additional toilet and washroom
– Linen, towels and hair dryers provided
– Kitchen complete with LG fridge / freezer, Westinghouse oven, Miele dishwasher, five (5) burner gas stove top, Panasonic microwave and Delonghi coffee machine
– Outdoor entertaining area equipped with six (6) seater wooden outdoor table, large modern umbrella and Matador four (4) burner gas BBQ with side burner
– Outdoor firepit (cooler months only) with wooden deck chairs
– Open plan dining with ten (10) seater table
– Formal lounge with slow combustion fireplace
– Two (2) family rooms with 66” and 51” Samsung HD TV’s
– Study space including desk, Wi-Fi and Samsung curved HD monitor
– Laundry with Westinghouse washing machine and tumbler dryer, iron and ironing board
– Two (2) car garage with a Ping-Pong table and an assortment of activities and lawn games
– Private rainforest with bushwalking tracks
– Manicured lawns, lush established gardens and small vegetable patch
– Interesting décor and artworks that complement the home
– Solar panels
– Minimum two (2) night stay
– No pets
CAMERAS ARE INSTALLED FOR SECURITY ON THE GATE AND ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE HOUSE
Firewood is provided from Easter Long weekend – October long weekend
STRA Permit ID: PID-STRA-22312