Within 2 hours scenic drive from Sydney or Canberra is Lothlorien, a secluded five-acre property nestled below Black Ash Nature Reserve high on Berry Mountain. Lothlorien lies halfway between Berry and Kangaroo Valley, a fifteen-minute drive in either direction.
Splendidly encircled by lush green pasture and an enchanting rainforest, Lothlorien truly epitomises an essence of serenity. Possessing a charming private atmosphere, this property provides breathtaking escarpment views and unrivalled sunsets over Wedding Cake Mountain.
The north facing chalet style residence includes 5 bedrooms and three bathrooms. It sleeps up to 10 people – making an ideal getaway for two/three families or a large group of friends. The dwellings imaginative layout emanates a fun & relaxing environment with bedrooms dotted arbitrarily throughout the house. All the oversized bedrooms are uniquely decorated, offering splendid garden or sky views and boast original artworks. Perched high in the turret, bedroom five is a true highlight with 360-degree views and is also close to a multipurpose game and reading den.
Enveloping the well-equipped kitchen – complete with Miele dishwasher, 4 burner electric stove top and espresso coffee machine, the open living and dining room allows for casual dining and hours of relaxation. The informal space includes an 8-seater dining table, alluring wood burning fireplace and a 42-inch art frame TV – perfect for guests who want to escape and chill out. Nearby is a serene sunroom with a breakfast table & ornate timber daybeds that overlook the property’s impressive fishpond and glorious gardens filled with unique flora that attracts an abundance of wildlife. For bird and nature lovers, Lothlorien is truly captivating with unique species of birds regularly visiting the grounds, native wombats burrowing their homes amongst the open grasslands, and the serenity of a running stream right at your doorstep.
Conveniently attached to the sunroom is an informal BBQ area that includes a large Beefmaster BBQ with wok plate. Wonderful for anyone that hankers for a protein-rich feast while basking in the natural beauty and ultimate stargazing location this property provides.
Lothlorien is unquestionably magical, offering plenty of areas to discover and guests can freely explore the natural surrounds unearthing plenty of picnic areas, a historical windmill and if you venture around & beyond the timber walking bridge over the creek, there are one-off walking racks and tranquil reading nooks that are perched between hanging vines and overlook the natural stream.
NOTE: If you have more than 10 guests, please enquire about booking The Yurt At Lothlorien, the adjacent cabin accommodating up to tow guests, at our special reduced rate. Contact Berry Getaways on 02 4464 1793 for more information.
• Bedroom 1 – Queen bed
• Bedroom 2 (Master) – Queen bed, walk-in robe, ensuite
• Bedroom 3 – Queen bed
• Bedroom 4 – Queen bed
• Bedroom 5 – Double bed
• Fully-equipped kitchen: 4-burner stovetop and oven, Miele dishwasher, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, Breville coffee machine, kettle, cutlery, crockery and utensils included. Large pantry stocked with 1-round of coffee pods and an assortment of teas.
• Living and dining area including: 8-seater wooden dining table and chairs, wood burning fireplace, lounge chairs and a 42-inch smart TV.
• Exceptional sunroom and breakfast table/chairs overlooking fish pond
• Games and reading den with large, 63-inch TV, chess board and comfy lounges.
• Laundry: washing machine and dryer, iron and ironing board, vacuum and broom, toiletries provided.
• Reverse-cycling air-conditioning and fans included.
• Secluded, private, north-facing
• Circular driveway with ample parking
• Nestled among green pastures and lush rainforest
• Established orchard filled with kiwifruit, feijoas and plum trees
• Thriving vegetable/herb garden
• Abundant wildlife and natural discovery opportunities
• Solar panels
• Tank water (3 new tanks available)
• Four-burner Beefmaster BBQ and wok plate
• Children permitted; no pets allowed. Please note the property sits amongst the natural landscape including a flowing water source and steep terrain. Children must be supervised at all times.
Bookings commencing on a Sunday or Public Holiday will incur a $150 sundry charge
COVID_19 policy – should we be placed back into lockdown or travel restrictions are re-instated, we will be offering a hassle and penalty free postponement in the way of a credit voucher to use within 24 months.
Please note this is an exclusive and luxury property in a tranquil setting therefore there are strictly no parties, including weddings, bucks or hens parties, schoolies or similar parties permitted. The property is not a ‘party house’. Your bond will be forfeited if it is established an event of this type has been held at Lothlorien
* Property has an unfenced fishpond and stream running through the property – children must be supervised at all times.
* Please also be aware that CCTV cameras monitor the entry and driveway to Lothlorien
* Bookings commencing on a Sunday or Public Holiday will incur a $150 sundry charge
STRA Permit ID: PID-STRA-30759-1