Perfectly nestled in its own private valley and enclosed by unspoiled mountain ranges and blooming flora, Heronwood exudes a serene, calming vibe. Set on 16 acres, this lavish country retreat epitomises high-end elegance while offering a private, grounding setting to unwind and rejuvenate.
The opulence and richness of this abode – both in design and atmosphere, is immediately apparent, with a splendid circular driveway greeting you on arrival. Once inside, a grand foyer awaits with notable oil paintings and contemporary artwork adorning the walls.
Ideal for up to four couples or a close-knit group of friends, Heronwood boasts four oversized bedrooms, two with modern ensuites and separate verandas – perfect to savour the picturesque views from. The owners have spared no expense, with all bedrooms exceptionally styled with an eclectic mix of décor – sculptural pieces, unique terrariums, vibrant rugs and ornate mirrors. The comfort of guests has been a top priority, with plush doonas and pillows, fresh linen, electric blanks, plenty of storage and ducted heating available in each bedroom. The central bathroom features a dual head shower and freestanding bath that overlooks the dwelling’s magnificent perennial garden.
The enormous, open plan living and dining room offers exceptional entertainment and dining opportunities. The modern chef’s kitchen features a large stainless steel bench top with double-sink, 4-burner stove-top with grilling options, conventional gas oven, Asko dishwasher, Nespress coffee pod machine and a convenient stocked walk-in pantry. An eight-seater dining table with sculptural lighting allows for a formal dining experience, while an adjoining living room fitted with comfy lounges, a 70-inch television and a Cheminees Philippe fireplace presents a charming space to switch off and enjoy some down time. Moreover, separate summer and winter conservatories are positioned at each end of the living/dining room, ideal spaces to enjoy a glass of red, indulge in a book or play a board game.
For guests seeking a unique, calming experience, Heronwood has its own secret 2-acre rainforest – ideal for forest bathing, wombat finding adventures and bird watching. Guests also have the opportunity to pick, cook and eat from the property’s luscious herb garden, thriving orchard full of blueberry, plum, fig, apple, cherry and apricot trees, and a bountiful vegetable garden bursting with fresh produce like rhubarb, silverbeet, strawberries and beans. Close-by is an open-air firepit area offering comfortable chairs and breathtaking views, making it an ideal alfresco dining or star gazing setting. Two gigantic avocado trees border this outdoor space, which aptly overlooks the property’s dam filled with turtles, yabbies, and a host of waterbirds as well as the Black Dog Creek that is accessible via a small bridge crossing.
Finally and perhaps most noteworthy is the 10-metre infinity saltwater pool that adjoins a casual BBQ area, where guests can cook up a storm with the 4-burner BBQ, complete with a wok attachment. Sunbathing chairs, mini cocktail tables and a cantilever umbrella create the perfect summer setting; so flawless you will beg to stay just one more night! Book quickly, this dreamy residence has proven very popular and it’s not difficult to see why.
Please note that Heronwood is an exclusive and luxury property in a tranquil setting therefore there is a strictly no party policy, including weddings, bucks or hens parties, schoolies or similar parties permitted. The property is not a ‘party house’. Your bond will be forfeited if it is established an event of this type has been held at Heronwood.
Early check-ins of 10am and late check-outs of 4pm available for an additional cost of $500 (depending on availablity and back to back bookings)
*Heavy rainfall may inhibit access to Heronwood due to rising waters over causeways.
Please also be aware that security cameras monitor the entry and driveway to Heronwood.
Bedroom and bathroom configuration:
• Bedroom 1 (Master): King bed with ensuite
• Bedroom 2: 2 x King single beds with ensuite
• Bedroom 3: Queen bed
• Bedroom 4: King bed
• Electric blankets on every bed and heater in each room
• Fresh linen and towels.
• Separate bathroom with freestanding bath and dual showerhead shower
• Circular driveway and ample parking
• 16 acres, including 2 acre private rainforest, immaculate gardens filled with magnolia trees, pencil pines, Japanese grass, assorted roses, citrus, olive and avocado trees
• Chef-style kitchen, stainless island benchtop with double-sink
• Walk-in pantry stocked with an assortment of teas
• 4-burner stove-top and conventional gas oven
• Fisher and Paykel fridge/freezer including water and ice machine, microwave, dishwasher, juicer, kettle, large slice toaster, sandwich press, mortar and pestle
• Nespresso Coffee Pod machine
• Crockery and key utensils supplied
• Large open living and dining area
• Cheminees Philippe fireplace
• 70 inch flat-screen. Free-to-air TV and Goggle Chromecast to stream all your favourite shows. (requires Google home app on your device to stream)
• Yamaha YSP Sound bar
• Starlink Satellite High Speed Internet
• Note: Optus or Vodafone does may not work at property.
• Contemporary photography and sculptures and Indigenous paintings
• Separate summer and winter conservatories with corduroy and wicker couches
• Guest library, croquet set and board/card games
• Indoor laundry equipped with Miele washer and dryer, iron, ironing board and Dyson vacuum
• 10-metre saltwater infinity pool, outdoor shower, sunbathing chairs, mini cocktail tables, cantilever umbrella
• 4-burner Beefeater BBQ, outdoor dining table and chairs
• Firepit with chairs
• Established daffodil and viola garden, vegetable patch, orchard and herb garden
• Established olive, avocado, apple and citrus trees
• Ducted heating
• Solar panels
• Open dam, filled with turtles, yabbies and birdlife
• Access to Black Dog Creek
• 15-minute drive to Berry township
• 22 mins to Seven Mile Beach
• 15 min to Kangaroo Valley village
• Adult only, pet-free, country retreat.
Firewood is provided from Easter Long weekend – October long weekend
STRA Permit ID: PID-STRA-20527