Perfectly nestled in its own private valley and enclosed by unspoiled mountain ranges and blooming flora, Heronwood exudes a serene, calming vibe. Set on 16 acres, this lavish country retreat epitomises high-end elegance while offering a private, grounding setting to unwind and rejuvenate.
The opulence and richness of this abode – both in design and atmosphere, is immediately apparent, with a splendid circular driveway greeting you on arrival. Once inside, a grand foyer awaits with notable oil paintings and contemporary artwork adorning the walls.
Ideal for up to four couples or a close-knit group of friends, Heronwood boasts four oversized bedrooms, two with modern ensuites and separate verandas – perfect to savour the picturesque views from. The owners have spared no expense, with all bedrooms exceptionally styled with an eclectic mix of décor – sculptural pieces, unique terrariums, vibrant rugs and ornate mirrors. The comfort of guests has been a top priority, with plush doonas and pillows, fresh linen, electric blanks, plenty of storage and ducted heating available in each bedroom. The central bathroom features a dual head shower and freestanding bath that overlooks the dwelling’s magnificent perennial garden.
The enormous, open plan living and dining room offers exceptional entertainment and dining opportunities. The modern chef’s kitchen features a large stainless steel bench top with double-sink, 4-burner stove-top with grilling options, conventional gas oven, Asko dishwasher, Delonghi coffee machine and a convenient walk-in pantry stocked with fresh coffee beans and an assortment of teas. An eight-seater dining table with sculptural lighting allows for a formal dining experience, while an adjoining living room fitted with comfy lounges, a 70-inch television and a Cheminees Philippe fireplace presents a charming space to switch off and enjoy some down time. Moreover, separate summer and winter conservatories are positioned at each end of the living/dining room, ideal spaces to enjoy a glass of red, indulge in a book or play a board game.
For guests seeking a unique, calming experience, Heronwood has its own secret 2-acre rainforest – ideal for forest bathing, wombat finding adventures and bird watching. Guests also have the opportunity to pick, cook and eat from the property’s luscious herb garden, thriving orchard full of blueberry, plum, fig, apple, cherry and apricot trees, and a bountiful vegetable garden bursting with fresh produce like rhubarb, silverbeet, strawberries and beans. Close-by is an open-air firepit area offering comfortable chairs and breathtaking views, making it an ideal alfresco dining or star gazing setting. Two gigantic avocado trees border this outdoor space, which aptly overlooks the property’s dam filled with turtles, yabbies, and a host of waterbirds as well as the Black Dog Creek that is accessible via a small bridge crossing.
Finally and perhaps most noteworthy is the 10-metre infinity saltwater pool that adjoins a casual BBQ area, where guests can cook up a storm with the 4-burner BBQ, complete with a wok attachment. Sunbathing chairs, mini cocktail tables and a cantilever umbrella create the perfect summer setting; so flawless you will beg to stay just one more night! Book quickly, this dreamy residence has proven very popular and it’s not difficult to see why.
COVID_19 policy – should we be placed back into lockdown or travel restrictions are re-instated, we will be offering a hassle and penalty free postponement in the way of a credit voucher to use within 24 months.
Please note that Heronwood is an exclusive and luxury property in a tranquil setting therefore there is a strictly no party policy, including weddings, bucks or hens parties, schoolies or similar parties permitted. The property is not a ‘party house’. Your bond will be forfeited if it is established an event of this type has been held at Heronwood.
Please also be aware that CCTV cameras monitor the entry and driveway to Heronwood.
Bookings commencing on a Sunday or Public Holiday will incur a $150 sundry charge
Bedroom and bathroom configuration:
• Bedroom 1 (Master): King bed with ensuite
• Bedroom 2: 2 x King single beds with ensuite
• Bedroom 3: Queen bed
• Bedroom 4: King bed
• Electric blankets on every bed and heater in each room
• Fresh linen and towels.
• Separate bathroom with freestanding bath and dual showerhead shower
• Circular driveway and ample parking
• 16 acres, including 2 acre private rainforest, immaculate gardens filled with magnolia trees, pencil pines, Japanese grass, assorted roses, citrus, olive and avocado trees
• Chef-style kitchen, stainless island benchtop with double-sink
• Walk-in pantry stocked with an assortment of teas
• 4-burner stove-top and conventional gas oven
• Fisher and Paykel fridge/freezer including water and ice machine, microwave, dishwasher, juicer, kettle, large slice toaster, sandwich press, mortar and pestle
• De Longhi coffee machine, fresh coffee beans supplied
• Crockery and key utensils supplied
• Large open living and dining area
• Cheminees Philippe fireplace
• 70 inch flat-screen. Free-to-air TV and Goggle Chromecast to stream all your favourite shows. (requires Google home app on your device to stream)
• Yamaha YSP Sound bar
• Satellite NBN Wi-Fi network. 25Mbps.
• Telstra 4G/3G connectivity around house.
• Note: Optus or Vodafone does not work at property.
• Contemporary photography and sculptures and Indigenous paintings
• Separate summer and winter conservatories with corduroy and wicker couches
• Guest library, croquet set and board/card games
• Indoor laundry equipped with Miele washer and dryer, iron, ironing board and Dyson vacuum
• 10-metre saltwater infinity pool, outdoor shower, sunbathing chairs, mini cocktail tables, cantilever umbrella
• 4-burner Beefeater BBQ, outdoor dining table and chairs
• Firepit with chairs and supplied wood.
• Established daffodil and viola garden, vegetable patch, orchard and herb garden
• Established olive, avocado, apple and citrus trees
• Ducted heating
• Solar panels
• Open dam, filled with turtles, yabbies and birdlife
• Access to Black Dog Creek
• 15-minute drive to Berry township
• 22 mins to Seven Mile Beach
• 15 min to Kangaroo Valley village
• Adult only, pet-free, country retreat.
STRA Permit ID: PID-STRA-20527
- Bath Tub: Bath/Shower
- Bathroom: 2 en-suites; 1 main bathroom
- Big Screen TV
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Machine
- Crockery and Cutlery
- Dining Room
- Fireplace: Combustion
- Furniture Outdoor
- Garden Area
- Gas BBQ
- Iron and Board
- Linen: Sheets and Bath Towels
- Microwave Oven
- Security cameras on property
- Shampoo & Conditioner provided
- Shower Outdoor
- Swimming Pool
- Views: Unbeatable
- Washing Machine
Picturesque luxury!Josephine Conrick - 8th November 2021
We had the most beautiful week at Heronwood, the property is everything as described and so much more. Huge spacious living areas and comfortable bedrooms. Total privacy and breathtaking views from every inch of the home. The gardens are incredible and have been clearly cared for by an extremely talented gardener. We spent a lot of time exploring the different garden areas and taking in the beautiful colours and visiting wildlife. We couldn’t have had a more joyful stay!