- Air Conditioning
- Bath Tub
- Bedrooms: Main house: 4 River; Cottage: 2
- Child Friendly
- Combustion Fire
- Covered Outdoor Area
- Dining Room
- Furniture Outdoor
- Garden Area
- Gas BBQ
- Washing Machine
Coolangatta School House is a unique and iconic property situated in the heart of the Shoalhaven wine region, set back slightly from the Shoalhaven River.
If you are looking for accommodation with plenty of history and unusual features, then this might just be the right place for your next weekend away, family or friends get together or small corporate retreat. Accommodation wise, the property can sleep 13 (potentially 14 on request) across two houses.
The Old School Masters House was built in early 1868 as the main teachers residence for the original Coolangatta School. It was purchasedby the current owners in June 2018 and they have lovinglyrenovated the property, in keeping with its heritage and many original features, but adding some of the modern creature comforts.
The Old School Masters House
Bedroom 1: Queen Bed
Bedroom 2: Queen Bed
Bedroom 3: Single Beds x 3
Bedroom 4: Queen Bed + ensuite
Extra guests - Option of using sofa bed in kids play room (additional costs apply).
Features of the property include:
- Sleeps 9 (potential additional guest on enquiry)
- 2 bathrooms (unique bath!) 1 bath, 2 showers.
- Kids play room with toys and pull out sofa bed
- 2 fires: 1 open fireplace and 1 wood burning stove. Firewood provided.
- Vintage furniture with modern amenities brand new fridge, brand new oven.
- Eco Down Under organic white cotton bedding, electric blankets on all beds.
- Vintage dining table seats 10 great for dinner parties.
- Plenty of space
- Access to the river (20 metre private path, accessible from the back garden)
- Use of kayaks.
- Outdoor seating
A weather board 2 bedroom cottage, situated to the rear of the property. Used as extra accommodation for a booking to the Old School Masters House
- Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1: Queen Bed
- Bedroom 2: Single Beds x 2
- Balcony overlooking garden
- White washed floors
- Kitchen including Fridge and hob (but no full oven)
- 1 bathroom with shower (no bath)
The Iconic Train: if you have ever driven down south, you would have seen this iconic landmark on Bolong Road! Many remember the 1970s and 80s when it was open to the public serving afternoon high tea. The owners hope to bring it back to its former glory and create a unique venue for family get togethers, corporate retreats, dinner parties and birthday parties. However, sadly the train is currently out of bounds due to safety concerns.Think of it currently as a very cool garden ornament!!
If you are looking for a property with state of the art modern amenities, then this is not the property for you. However, if you are looking for something with character and history in a fabulous location on the South Coast, right in the middle of the wine region, then you have found it!